NGP Preview Visit
Preview of the University of Michigan Neuroscience Graduate Program
Our preview visit gives prospective students an opportunity to:
- Meet Neuroscience Graduate Program faculty and learn about their research
- Network with current Neuroscience Graduate Students
- Learn about our application process and receive feedback on individual applications
- Meet with Rackham Graduate School Associate Dean and Neuroscience Graduate Program Faculty Ally
Invited students will be asked to arrive on March 23 and depart on March 25, 2017, expenses will be covered.
Students should have:
- a strong academic record in science/engineering;
- research experience;
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency;
And meet one or more of the following criteria:
- come from an educational, cultural, or geographic background that is underrepresented;
- have demonstrated commitment to diversity in the academic, professional, or civic realm;
- have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances;
- are first-generation U.S. citizens or are the first generation in their families to graduate from a four-year college.
How to Apply
Our online application is now available. Since the application does not allow you to save and complete at a later date we recommend you take a look at the application, before you start, to ensure you have the required materials (written responses, transcripts, and Curriculum Vitae or resume). Additional details are provided in the application.
Letter of recommendation-one letter of recommendation from a faculty member is requested. The recommendation form and letter must be emailed or mailed directly from the recommender.
All materials (including letter of recommendation) must be received by February 13, 2017 for the application to be considered complete.